This is months late; but better late than never, right? Thank you so much to Socallucyfan (Once Upon a Legacy) for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The SimLit community is so amazing and supportive, and I’m so glad to be able to cheer on and support other SimLit writers in return!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
An award given to bloggers, from bloggers as a way to say thank you and give support to the blogs that add a little sunshine to their blogrolls.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
1. Who or what inspired you to start writing SimLit?
Though I didn’t quite know what it was, I started writing SimLit as a way to convince myself that spending a lot of time playing the Sims was an acceptable practice XP If I was writing about it (“practicing my craft” and whatnot), then it was productive work, right? In the end, I worked hard enough on it that I wanted to share it with other people.
I continued writing SimLit though because of the amazing community surrounding it. Every writer of SimLit I’ve had the pleasure of interacting has been incredibly supportive, helpful, and kind; it inspires me to keep writing and playing, even when school work is overwhelming, just to stay a part of the community.
2. Favorite season?
I love the fall. I live in the Northeast of the US now after spending my entire childhood living in the South. Although I far prefer Southern winters, nothing compares to the beauty of a Northeastern autumn.
3. What is your favorite Sims expansion pack?
Since there are way too many expansion packs out of the entire history of the Sims for me to choose from, I’ll stick with Sims 4. I think I like Get to Work the best. The playable careers were a real game changer for me in terms of writing and gameplay, and I love being able to open a shop. Which is probably why I based the entirety of The Newman Legacy around owning shops (at least in theory) – it’s a great feature.
4. What are you wearing right now?
Pajamas XP Soft pants and a too-big t-shirt. I do love the shirt – it’s a cartoon version of Snape hugging his doe patronus, and it glows in the dark.
5. Least favorite word?
Tickle. I don’t know why – it’s just such a harsh word to say. And it’s not particularly enjoyable in act either.
6. What is one place that you have never been, but would love to go?
Spain, for sure. I’ve been to various places in Europe – the UK, France, Italy – but somehow I keep managing to miss Spain. I’m fluent in Spanish – leftover from high school and living in the South – and took enough Spanish Culture classes to admire the place intensely from afar. I hope to go there after graduation, maybe.
7. What is one aspect of the Sims that you would want to incorporate in real life?
SO many of them, honestly. I guess the most desirable would be the ability to know your own emotional state instantly. Sims have very discrete moods and for very distinct reasons; and, even better, the emotional states can usually be resolved by a quick cry or a bath or a pep talk in the mirror. It would be nice to have that kind of emotional maturity and regulation.
8. If they made a movie of your life, what actor would play you?
I really have no answer to this question – I don’t watch a ton of TV or movies, so my references are limited. Really I think that it’s a moot point anyway, since my life wouldn’t be made into a movie, but into a book. Ideally, J.K. Rowling would write it, and she would write me as a witch.
9. Favorite movie/TV show/book?
My favorite book is impossible to pick; one of my favorites, though, is Possession by A.S. Byatt. It’s the story of two poets who have a whirlwind romance, and the scholars who discover the affair years after they’ve died.
10. If you had to describe yourself using only one word, what would that word be?
11. If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
It doesn’t make a sound; sound is the result of perception. But it does make a noise. #psychtechnicalities
This isn’t eleven, since I don’t follow that many bloggers (feel free to recommend more!). I’m just going to name the bloggers whose blogs regularly bring sunshine to my day 🙂 No need to respond or reciprocate, this is just a fun way to share the love.
Deira Plays Sims – thewingedshadow
Fangs for the Memories – Lady Lobster
Thymeless Legacies – thymelesslegacies
Ashes to Ashes – CitizenErased
Build Newcrest – Ninja Pig Sims
Noble Doubt – RosemaryMarie
Snordwich Chronicles – greencatsims
A Life of Whimsy – Livin a Simmin’ Life
Since I don’t have 11 bloggers, I felt like I shouldn’t do 11 questions. So here’s as many questions as I have nominees 🙂
- If you could bring a character from any blogger’s SimLit into your own story, who would it be?
- What is your favorite thing about playing the Sims?
- Did you start writing first or start playing the Sims first? What inspired you to combine the two?
- What do you do when not playing the Sims?
- Where is your favorite place on earth?
- Do you currently have a favorite Sim in your story? If so, who is it and why?
- What is your playing and writing process like?
- If you could take a Sleep Replacement potion in real life, what would you use the extra time for?